Now Hiring: Part-Time Per-Call Firefighters
Gordon County Fire Rescue is currently accepting applications from interested citizens to augment the career firefighters in our Part-time per Call Firefighting Corps.
The Gordon County Fire Department is recruiting Part-time per Call firefighters. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License, and possess a high school diploma or equivalency from an accredited program. A driving history, background check, and drug screening will be performed. Candidates will also be required to pass a physical ability test.
Gordon County relies heavily on assistance from its Pay per Call personnel to augment the efforts of the career firefighters on a consistent basis.
The requirements for becoming a Gordon County Fire-Rescue Part-time Pay per Call Firefighter are:
- At least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalency from an accredited program
- Have an acceptable driving record
- Have no, or an acceptable criminal background (no felonies in last 10 years)
- Pass a required drug screen
- Pass a physical ability test
- Live within 5 all-weather road miles of one of our part-time, per call stations
- Completed application (with all proper forms with Notary signature and stamp)
APPLICATIONS FOR PART-TIME, PER CALL FIREFIGHTERS BEING ACCEPTED!
DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS, MONDAY – FRIDAY, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
(Applications will be reviewed and processed on a quarterly basis. Please DO NOT call or email to check up on your application. All applicants will be contacted concerning their application at the appropriate time).
If you have the desire to serve in your community and wish to apply to become a member of our Part-time, Per Call Firefighter Corps within our department, please download the Employment Application and deliver to Gordon County Fire Rescue Headquarters at 400 Belwood Rd. SE (next to the Georgia State Patrol, Post 43, across from the Outlet Mall). All questions should be directed to email@example.com , or by phoning Headquarters at 706-629-8851.