- Sales Tax Revenue: The February 29, 2016 sales tax collections presented by the Finance Department reports a cumulative year-to-date decrease of $255,989.79 in LOST (Local Option Sales Tax) revenue and a $369,077.86 decrease in SPLOST (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax) revenue, compared to the same month of the previous year. The Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) revenue received during February 2016 fell $36,184.08 and SPLOST revenue fell $52,524.00. These reductions do not reflect funds received through the Georgia’s TAVT or energy excise revenues.
- George Chambers Center Expansion: The architect reports the project at 73% completion as of February 29. All framing, ceilings, and initial painting are complete. Flooring is being installed now. Cabinets, interior doors and hardware are on order.
- Gordon County Government Plaza: The Board of Commissioners determined that the former bank building will be named the Gordon County Government Plaza. The county’s plans to repair and re-fit the building are underway. A review panel composed of staff and County Commissioners have reviewed all RFQ submissions from construction contractors, evaluated qualifications, and have determined a list of top companies. The architects have delivered a 50% construction design document last week, which is now under review by the county staff.
- Resaca Battlefield: Planning is underway for a soft opening in April followed by an official opening ceremony on May 13th. Formal invitations are being prepared for distribution by mid-March. County personnel are working with the Historical Preservation Commission to develop an agenda for the event.
- Comprehensive Plan: Gordon County personnel will meet on Monday, March 7th with Julie Meadows and Barnett Chitwood from the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission on Monday to prepare a schedule for developing the 2017 Comprehensive Plan.