- Recommended Budget: The FY 2016-17 Recommended Annual Budget represents the plan for providing essential county services for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017. A copy is being provided to the Library, Calhoun Times, and displayed in the County Clerk’s Office. The full document will also be posted on the county website tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.
- Sales Tax Revenue: April 2016 tax receipts totaled $460,114.99 for the Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) and $663,462.04 for the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST). Compared to April 2015, there is a decrease in LOST of $26,756.88 which is a 5.50% reduction and a decrease in SPLOST of $38,534.25 which is a 5.49% reduction. The Finance Department’s full report is attached.
- Resaca Battlefield Opening Ceremony: The Resaca Battlefield Historic Park was officially opened last week on May 13th, 2016. The park is now receiving visitors on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. and 8 p.m. through the end of October.
- George Chambers Resource Center: The construction phase was completed, and the George Chambers Resource Center personnel are now adding a finishing touch. The George Chambers staff has requested the ribbon cutting to be performed on June 21 at 11:00 a.m. to precede their open house scheduled to begin at 11:30 a.m.
- Gordon County Government Plaza Renovation: Bid proposal were received from Lusk Construction and Momon Construction. The two proposals are under evaluation by the county staff.
- Purple Heart Signs: The Purple Heart road signs have been authorized by GDOT and installed. The Public Works employees have placed signs on each state route entering Gordon County.
- US41 North
- US41 South
- US411 North
- US411 South
- SR225 North
- SR53 East
- SR53 West
- SR136 East
- SR136 West
- SR156 West
- Public Safety: The replacement e911 phone system was installed and went live today. Proposals to replace the e911 Computer Aided Dispatch system were received and pending review. Fire Trucks bids are also under review by the Fire Department.