- Recommended Budget: The Recommended Annual Budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017 was provided on May 18th to the Library, Calhoun Times, displayed in the County Clerk’s Office, published on the county website. Adoption of the budget resolution is scheduled for June 21, 2016 during the commission meeting.
- Sales Tax Revenue: Sales tax revenue appears to have stabilized last month. May 2016 revenue totaled $461,215 for the Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) and $665,016 for the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST). While slightly higher than last month, LOST decreased .17% and SPLOST decreased .19% compared to the same month of the previous year. The full report is attached.
- Gordon County Government Plaza Renovation: Bid proposals received from Lusk Construction and Momon Construction was greater than expected, and the scope of the project is being re-evaluated by the county staff. A recommended course of action should be ready for consideration by the commission during the next scheduled meeting.
- George Chambers Resource Center: The ribbon cutting and open house is scheduled for June 21 at 11:00 a.m.
- Public Safety: A Fire Trucks bid proposals were reviewed, and a recommendation has been prepared for the Board of Commissioners.
- Code Compliance: The Code Compliance Office received 37 new cases during May 2016, and 23 of those cases have been closed with 14 cases remaining open. Since this new office began operational last October, there have been 245 cases of which 212 were closed and 31 remain open.
- Animal Control: The adoption/rescue rate is 82% for the current fiscal year. No euthanasia have been required for space availability since October 2014.