- FY-2015/2016 Budget: On June 17, 2015 the Gordon County FY2015-16 approved Annual Budget was delivered to the local newspaper, posted in the Library, and published on the county website.
- Sales Tax: June 2015 Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) revenue decreased 4.44% ($24,042.22) and Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) revenue decreased 4.65% ($35,626.82) from prior year collections. Fiscal year to date revenues remains positive with a 1.21% increase in LOST revenue and a 1.19% increase in SPLOST revenue (report attached).
- Red Bud Road Fire Station: Electrical and plumbing systems are being installed and drywall installation is expected to begin next week. The contractor advised that an updated schedule will be delivered to the county this week.
- Mental Health Facility: A contract for Mental Health Services has been signed by Fellowship Health Resources and reviewed by the County Attorney. This document is ready for the board’s consideration and approval.
- Parking Deck Construction: Bids for additional security cameras were opened on June 24 for additional security cameras which are being evaluated by the Purchasing and IT Departments.
- George Chambers CDBG: Contract proposals for the George Chambers Resource Center expansion exceeded the approved budget for this project; therefore, the county staff recommends reducing project scope in coordination with the George Chambers staff and re-advertising the construction contract.
- Courthouse Renovation: POH Architects completed their estimation of costs for repairing and repurposing the BB&T Bank Building. The Finance Department is working with the bank and bond attorney to prepare a financing package for the Board of Commissioners.