Admin Report for July 17, 2018
- Cash and Investments: The Cash and Investments report dated July 13, 2018 is attached for your review and information.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- Animal Shelter: There is a great amount of activity taking place at the shelter including interior and exterior painting, electrical work, HVAC installation, and low voltage wiring. We have a construction meeting Thursday at 11 a.m.
- Internal Leadership Development Program: We met with Department Heads this week and they were enthusiastic for the program. The primary intent of the program is to recognize dedicated employees that demonstrate the desire for growth in their jobs, have a plan for succession in place as employees leave or retire and to expose employees to different aspects of county government that are beyond their current positions. The first class will probably consist of four employees to be selected and notified within a couple of weeks.
- Harris Beamer Closed Landfill: Atlantic Coast Consulting has completed recent monitoring and the results were within lawful limits.
- EMA: I executed a MOA for IPAWS-Open to enable information sharing between emergency response organizations and systems.
- Internal Networking: Keith King has been working on several projects to increase efficiency such as an employee portal, online document platform, online leave approval and electronic filing for building permits.
- Broad Band Study: We issued a letter expressing support for an Appalachian Regional Commission study on the need for broad band connectivity in Gordon County and North West Georgia.
- Opioid Litigation: We are we filling out a fact sheet for the pending litigation and putting together a list of people and organizations affected by the opioid crisis. For instance, Family Connections has provided me with a study that estimates the total economic burden of opioid abuse in Gordon County in 2013 was $13,755,616.
- General Administration Committee: The Committee met last Thursday and Mr. Owens chaired the meeting.