- Sales Tax: The Local Option Sales Tax (LOST) revenue received in July increased 2.71% ($14,421.76) and the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) revenue increased 2.17% ($16,406.78) over July of the previous year. FY2014/15 year to date collections were positive with a 1.33% increase in LOST and a 1.27% increase in LOST (report attached).
- Tax Digest Approval: The tax digest has been submitted to the Gordon County Board of Education to establish a new millage rate. Once the millage rate is set for the schools, the Board of Commissioners will determine a millage rate for the county.
- Building Acquisition: The Finance Department continues to work with BB&T and the Bond Attorney to complete the acquisition of the bank building. A validation hearing will be held on August 13th. Following this hearing, the purchase is schedule to close on August 18th.
- Tennis Courts: Five contractors attended the mandatory pre-bid meeting this morning for renovating the tennis courts at the Sonoraville Recreation Complex. The project was discussed, and questions posed by contractors were answered. Final bids must be received by the purchasing office by 2:00 p.m. on August 12th.
- Red Bud Road Fire Station: Calhoun Commercial Construction informed the county that drywall installation will begin this week on Thursday August 6th.
- Mental Health Facility: Fellowship Health Resources is in the process of moving in this week. They are interviewing candidates, setting up their offices, and meeting with local health officials. We were informed that mental health services should become available by the beginning of September.
- Parking Deck:
- Conduit required for the CCTV security system is being installed this week.
- Atlanta Structural Concrete and RaLin construction will be installing high visibility bumper guards on select precast columns in the parking deck to reduce the likelihood of vehicle damage due to being inadvertently backed into the support columns.
- Additional directional traffic control signs are being designed for installation in and around the parking deck.
- George Chambers CDBG: Gordon County has requested the architect provide an updated timeline for re-bidding this project.