- SPLOST/LOST: Collections for August 2017 were substantially higher than August 2016. LOST revenue collected for August 2017 was $491,600.43 and SPLOST $708,863.01. These were increases in revenue of $52,259.84 (11.9%) and $75,329.23 (11.89%) respectively.
- Millage Rate: There is a special called meeting for Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. to set the millage rate. I expect Finance will expect a rollback from 9.853 mils to 9.828 mils.
- Freeport: This is a reminder that this is a decision year regarding an increase in the Freeport Exemption.
Significant Projects and Activity
- Courthouse Renovation: The Architects have recommended bidding the project based on the concept in the schematic design (less the clock tower and glassed portico) with deductive alternates. In this manner, the exact cost of the project and specific aspects of the project will be known. The Architect, Ben Carter, has confirmed “If we bid it and the Commissioners are not satisfied with the bid results, I will redraw and rebid at no additional cost to the county. I would like to request that the Commissioners designate me as their Owners Representative based on my current fee.”
- Animal Shelter: The Architects have recommended bidding the project based on the concept in the schematic design. They have made the same commitment: “If we bid it and the Commissioners are not satisfied with the bid results I will redraw and rebid at no additional cost to the county.”
- 2018 Planning Session: It is time to start thinking about the date and location for the Board Planning Session next for next year.
- Service Delivery Strategy: A new Service Delivery Agreement is due June 30, 2018. I attended the ACCG class on SDS planning and negotiation that was held in Lamar County last Thursday.
- E911: The FY2016/2017 activity report of dispatched calls is available for your review. During that period 100,684 calls were received and averaging about 257 calls per day.