- CAFR: The Finance Department has been working toward completion of the Gordon County Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- New Building: An initial timeline was established with the following milestones:
- Design Development 1/18/2016
- Construction Documents 3/8/2016
- Bid Approval 5/16/2016
- Construction completion 11/10/2016
- George Chambers – CDBG: The framing and decking are being completed with an expectation that the building will be “dried-in” by the end of this week. Roofing, doors and windows are scheduled for installation during the first week of January. The next major milestone will be the “rough-in” inspection new the end of January 2016. The project is slightly ahead of schedule, and we are pleased with the progress to date.
- Red Bud Fire Station: The proof-rolling was completed, and the contractor was cleared by NOVA engineering to install the entrance from Cash Road. This project remains behind schedule pending the contractor’s exterior work and punch list completion.
- Parks and Recreation: The Georgia Recreation & Park Association has awarded two state tournaments to Gordon County for calendar year 2016.
- 7-8 year old state baseball tournament, and
- 7-8 year old state softball tournament
- Permitting, Licensing, Inspections, & Compliance: The county staff has reviewed alternatives for implementing a software based solution for increasing efficiency for Code Compliance and Building Inspection processes. The goals are to streamline document management and control, implement limited web based payments, and improve customer service within these departments. After visiting with Whitfield County, we have identified a cloud based service that can be implemented within the current budget.