Administrator’s Report 4/14/2014
- Budget Preparation: All of the FY 2015-16 departmental budget meetings concluded last week. The Finance Department is compiling requests for review by the Finance Committee.
- Sales Tax: March LOST revenue fell 4.29% ($21,259.34) and SPLOST revenue fell 4.11% ($28,856.22) from the prior year sales tax collections. Although this is the 2nd consecutive month of declining sales tax revenue, the fiscal year to date collection of sales tax remains positive with a 3.26% LOST increase and a 3.28% SPLOST increase (report attached).
- Parking Deck Construction: This week the contractor is completing the paving between the parking deck and the Courthouse Annex and applying a concrete sealer to the deck. The Architect has scheduled a project meeting for April 21st at 1:30 p.m. to review the final punch list of remaining work. Pending project completion, a ribbon cutting ceremony is being tentatively planned for early May.
- Red Bud Road Fire Station: Concrete footings have been installed, and the concrete pad will be poured this week. The footings were inspected by the county’s geotechnical engineers and were reported to be within the desired technical specifications.
- George Chambers: Killian and Clark architects will deliver the 95% design drawings later this week to Gordon County and the State Fire Marshal. We have asked for a final design meeting with all stakeholders prior to final approval of these documents. Once approved, the design phase will conclude, and bid advertisements will be initiated.
- Mental Health Facility: The evaluation panel met on April 13th to discuss the proposals after having reviewed all documents. The panel shared their observations, identified questions, and requested individual meetings on April 27th with each bidder.
- Resaca Battlefield: Weather and sub-contractor related delays have continued to impact the progress by the State of Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Future updates will be provided as they are received them the DNR.
- Tire Amnesty Day: The County will be accepting old car and pickup truck tires on Saturday, April, 18th from 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at the Redbone Ridge Landfill. There will be a 10 tire limit per person, and all tires must be off the rim.
- Food Service Contract: A pre-bid meeting and tour with interested contractors was conducted last week. The RFP remains open and will be closed on April 29th