Building Inspection Documents
Please remember the following information is required to obtain a permit.
- A copy of your recorded deed and plat of your property. Available at the Gordon County Clerk of Court office in the main courthouse at 100 South Wall Street Calhoun, Georgia 30701.
- A copy of your septic permit from Gordon County Environmental Health Dept., 706-629-0141, located at the Gordon County Health Dept. located on North River Street (Sugar Valley Rd.) next door to the National Guard Armory. If your project does not involve connecting to an existing septic system or adding a new system you will need to obtain a document from Environmental Health indicating you will not be interfering with an existing septic system.
- A street address for the project. Contact Gordon County Emergency Management at 706-602-2905 if you do not currently have a street number for assistance.
- One set of building plans. Plans are not required for most agricultural or accessory buildings.
- A fire permit is required for commercial, industrial and multi-family dwelling projects. This permit can be obtained from the Gordon County Fire Prevention Office, 706-629-7741.