Gordon County is currently accepting applications for the position of Basic Firefighter. Qualified applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications and/or abilities:
- Be at least 18 Years of Age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited program.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License (processing to class E or F) and maintain
- Be physically prepared to take a Timed, Pass or Fail test, which is the
Gordon County Fire. Rescue Physical Ability Test (CPAT) as prescribed by
the Georgia Firefighter’s Standards and Training Council (GFSTC.)
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to pass a physical exam/drug screening.
- Successful Candidates will be required to complete and pass an 8 week
Rookie School to become a State of Georgia Certified Firefighter and
maintain this certification throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain an Advanced EMT Certification within 2 years of
completion of Rookie School and maintain throughout employment.
Please direct any questions regarding qualifications & requirements to Training Chief Nathan Saylors at 706-263-5293.
Applications will be accepted online only. Please go to gordoncounty.org, select Job Opportunities from the side menu, and then click Employment Application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Gordon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.