- SPLOST/LOST: SPLOST collections for December 2017 were $691,109.57 which is a $25,836.27 (3.88%) increase over the same month in 2016. Lost collections were $479,292.83 which is a $17,922.29 (3.88%) increase over December 2016.
- Insurance payment for snow damage: The snow on December 8 caused damage to netting at ball fields at the Sonoraville Recreation Department. ACCG paid that claim $11,000 (after deductible) within 20 days by check on December 28, 2017.
Significant Projects and Activity
- Courthouse Renovation: The project remains with the architects in the detailed drawing phase.
- Animal Shelter: Contractors interested in bidding on the Animal Shelter Project were given the opportunity to look at the site on January 4th. Despite the cold, nine interested contractors attended the meeting and a couple of others expressed interest. We hope this indicates competitive interest for the bid process. Bids are due on January 17th.
- Government Plaza: Our people in the Plaza had a very cold morning January 2nd after a boiler pump failed. A repair was made and the facility began heating up that afternoon.
- Grand Jury: Members of the current Grand Jury have been looking at County facilities as part of the routine review conducted every three years.
- EMS: Bud Owens, Chad Steward and I met with representatives of Gordon Hospital and had a very productive meeting regarding the provision of EMS services. I expect we will have a proposal on the next meeting agenda for your review.
- Weather Delay: In consultation with EMA Director Courtney Taylor, I delayed opening of non-essential county offices Monday until 10:00. Courtney kept me informed late into Sunday evening and we picked up again Monday morning about 4:15. This was a difficult weather event to predict. All of our public safety and public works personnel deserve a huge thank you for keeping us safe and warm during our recent frigid weather.
- E911 Report: I have included an E-911 report in your material. This report covers the period July 1, 2017 through December, 2017.