- SPLOST AND LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated January 31, 2020, reflect collections reported for December 2019. For that period, SPLOST collections were $973,093.31 which is a $122,772.11 (14.44%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $616,555.63 which is a $26,698.98 (4.53%) increase over the same period last year.
- BUDGET PREPARATION CALENDAR FOR F/Y 2020-2021: Budget instructions will be sent to Department Heads, certain Elected Officials, and outside agencies on February 13. We plan to submit a recommended budget to the Commissioners on May 19 and to ask for the adoption of an approved budget on June 16. This new budget will go into effect on July 1, 2020.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Roof and shingles are complete
- Plumbing and electrical rough-in are underway.
- Completion of the new building is scheduled for June 2020 and project completion in July.
- GOVERNMENT PLAZA 2ND FLOOR
- Drywall is complete and bathroom tiles are being installed. Painting has begun.
- Completion is scheduled for May 2020
- SPLASH PAD & PAVILION
- Commissioner approval of the Bid and RFP expected at tonight’s meeting.
- BROOKSHIRE PARK
- The basic design is complete and a review of the project manual is underway.
- NEW EVIDENCE BUILDING & MORGUE
- Currently in Design Phase
- Looking at fine-tuning the location.
- ANNEX / COURTHOUSE
- We are Pre-Planning for the commencement of the Annex/Courthouse project after the plaza renovation is completed. The County is soliciting statements of qualification for a method of delivery by Construction Manager at Risk. We will hold a mandatory pre-proposal meeting tomorrow, February 5, at 10:00 a.m. at 201 North Wall Street. Proposals are due February 14.
The Administrator and/or staff participated in the following activities:
- Attended a meeting regarding the Resaca Conservation Easement to discuss permitted uses by the new owner.
- Met with Public Works to review project status and needs.
- Attended a Gordon 25 Committee meeting.
- Met at Sonoraville Recreation to discuss work for the Pavilion and Splash pad.
- Attended the Development Authority meeting.
- Met with Shea Hicks and Bud Owens regarding space needs for storage and use of the new State mandated elections equipment.
- Attended the Wal-Mart Health Grand opening.
- Attended the Sheriff’s end of month luncheon.
- Gordon County and Calhoun held a class for Active Shooter Training.
- Met with Pro Construction at the New Health Department site.
- Assisted the Development Authority with issues for the recruitment of a new major industry.