- CASH AND INVESTMENTS: This report is in your material for review.
- BUDGET CALENDAR: Finance Director, Jason Brown, has prepared the calendar for development of the FY 2022-23 Budget. Mr. Brown delivered budget instructions on February 9; the recommended budget will be presented to the BOC and public on May 17; a public hearing on the budget will be held on June 7 at the BOC meeting; and, Budget Adoption is scheduled for June 21, 2022 to go into effect on July 1, 2022.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- JUDICIAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Furniture delivery continues. We are planning an open house/ribbon cutting for Thursday, March 10th at 4 p.m. The building will be occupied and open to conduct business in April as planned. Phase Two, the renovation of the 1961 Courthouse will move forward on April 4th when possession of the building will be transferred to Momon Construction.
- COVID: EMA reports data for the last week as follows:
- Gordon County cases increased by 88
- Gordon County deaths increased by 4
- GORDON FLOYD JOINT DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Will meet tomorrow in Rome to consider an offer to purchase JDA land in Floyd County and elect a Board Chairperson.
- BROADBAND: I have received an update from Comcast on the Broadband project. Comcast reports that its engineers and staff have been in Gordon County actively studying and planning for implementation of the broadband expansion. This is one of the first phases for engineering and is a step towards the goal of expanding access to high speed internet in the county.
- ANNEXATION: Gordon County received a notice of intent to Annex and rezone from Calhoun regarding a request from Seefried Development Management, Inc for 51.3 acres at 962 Union Grove Rd. This property is shown as parcel 058-061 on county tax records. The property is currently A-1 and the notice fails to designate the new classification sought by the developer.