- SPLOST AND LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated February 28, 2022 reflect collections reported for January 2022. For that period, SPLOST collections were $1,025,818.40 which is a $198,324.13 (23.97%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $649,872.35 which is a $125,939.88 (24.04%) increase over the same period last year.
- BUDGET CALENDAR: All Departments are to have their budget requests entered into in our financial software tomorrow. The recommended budget will be presented to the BOC and public on May 17; a public hearing on the budget will be held on June 7 at the BOC meeting; and, Budget Adoption is scheduled for June 21, 2022 to go into effect on July 1, 2022.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- JUDICIAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Phase One, the Judicial Building, is substantially complete. Phase Two, the renovation of the 1961 Courthouse will move forward on April 4th when possession of the building will be transferred to Momon Construction.
- COVID: The Task Force met today. Advent Gordon Hospital reports 73 patients are admitted to the hospital today. 15 patients are Covid positive. 5 patients with Covid are on ventilators. EMA reports:
- Monday, January 10, 2022 = 9,767 cases and 183 deaths (+912 cases and +6 deaths since December 6)
- Monday, January 31, 2021 = 11,351 cases and 200 deaths (+1,584 cases and +17 deaths since January 10)
- Monday, February 28, 2021 = 11,781 cases and 220 deaths (+430 cases and +20 deaths since January 31)
- Title V Air Quality Reporting for Redbone Ridges and site visit to landfill.
- EMS Quality Review Committee
- Gordon Floyd JDA
- EMA lunch
- Met with a new Company that is locating in Gordon County.