- BUDGET: Departmental Budget requests were due today for the FY 2018-2019 budget. We expect to deliver a recommended Budget to the Board of Commissioners on May 15. The recommended budget will be available to the public for review and comment and then adoption is set for June 19.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- Animal Shelter: The footings are being poured and construction is moving forward as the weather permits.
- E911: I have attached the call report for F/Y 2018 through February. E911 continues to receive about 8,500 calls per month.
- Red bone Ridges Landfill and Harris Beamer closed Land fill: Semi Annual water monitoring has been completed at both sites. The reports are voluminous and it appears the only action necessary is routine continued monitoring.
- Economic Development: There are many positive signs that economic development in Gordon County will be increasing in the industrial sector. As you know, we cannot mention specific names until the news becomes official, but, several existing and new industries have expressed an interest in development in our county.
- Grand Jury: I attended the Grand Jury yesterday and gave the quarterly report for the County.
- Economic Development Academy: Today, I attended the second class of the Economic Development Academy program.
- Other significant meetings: Last week, I attended the ribbon cutting for Family Connections; the Regional Commission meeting; and, General Administration Committee meeting in addition to my other duties.