- Budget Preparation: Fiscal Year 2016-17 departmental budget submissions have been received. The Finance Department will begin scheduling budget meetings with each department over the next several weeks to review each request.
- George Chambers Center Expansion: This construction project remains on schedule and within budget. The next update with Momon Construction and Architect Jack Killian will occur on March 16th at 1:30 p.m. in the George Chambers Resource Center conference Room.
- Gordon County Government Plaza: The county staff is providing feedback on the architects 50% construction design document. We anticipate completion of the final bid documents with the following tentative timeline for bid solicitation.
- April 11 – Release bid documents to top companies
- April 18 – Conduct pre-bid meeting
- May 12 – Bids due
- June 7 – Possible board action
- Resaca Battlefield: The Gordon County staff is coordinating with the Chamber of Commerce, the Historic Preservation Commission, and various state organizations to promote civil war heritage tourism for the Resaca Battlefield. The Chamber Visitor Bureau is working closely with the Gordon County Parks & Recreation Department and the Friends of the Resaca Battlefield to plan an official opening on May 13. We expect this event to be well attended by our invited guests and the general public.
- E911 Equipment Upgrades: The County staff met today with AT&T Solocom personnel to plan the installation of the new e911 phone system to replace and upgrade the existing equipment. This upgrade is projected to be complete by May 2016 and will serve to integrate the center’s existing IT systems through AT&T to improve both efficiency and reliability. The e911 center is also working with the Purchasing Department & the Public Safety Council to evaluate options for upgrading the center’s Computer Aided Dispatch system next fiscal year.
- Joint Comprehensive Plan: Gordon County employees and Commissioner Hood met on March 7th with Julie Meadows and Barnett Chitwood of the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission (NWGRC) to prepare a timeline for updating the Joint Comprehensive Plan. Planning will formally begin on April 2017 with a Public Hearing to explain the process. Gordon County, participating cities, and local citizens, in the form of stakeholder committees, will prepare a draft by March 2018. This draft will be presented at the second public hearing and then coordinated through the NWGRC. The final plan will be publicized by June 30, 2018 following an adoption resolution executed by the Board of Commissioners.