BOC Regular Session Minutes for 4/17/2012
GORDON COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 17, 2012
The Gordon County Board of Commissioners held their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 17, 2012, at 6:00 p.m. in the Conference Room of the Administration Building.
Chairman Bailey called the meeting to order.
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Invocation was led by Rev. John Allen and the pledge of allegiance was led by Chairman Bailey.
Chairman Bailey welcomed everyone to the meeting.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Chairman Bailey asked if there were any additions, omissions, or deletions to the Minutes for the Work Session April 10, 2012 and the Regular Meeting April 10, 2012. Commissioner Long made a motion to approve the minutes. Commissioner Steward seconded the motion and all voted aye. Minutes approved.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC – GERMANE TO THE AGENDA
CONSIDERATION OF OLD BUSINESS
CONSIDERATION OF NEW BUSINESS
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT APPROVAL FOR EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT FROM DCA FOR ACTION MINISTRIES, INC.
- County Attorney Smith advised that this is an application from Action Ministries, Inc. to DCA for an Emergency Solutions Grant. This is for transitional housing of three locations in Gordon County. This grant is for $9,000, funding of $3,000 each location for utilities.
- Commissioner Long made a motion to approve the Local Government Approval form for Action Ministries’ DCA grant. Commissioner Hood seconded the motion and Commissioners Hood, Steward, and Long voted aye. Motion passed.
- PROCLAMATION DESIGNATING APRIL 15-21 AS NATIONAL BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB WEEK
- Chairman Bailey read the proclamation and presented it to Scorpio Denmond, Unit Director for Gordon County Unit of the Boys and Girls Club.
- Commissioner Long made a motion to approve the resolution designating April 15-21 as National Boys and Girls Club Week. Commissioner Steward seconded the motion and Commissioners Long, Steward, and Hood voted aye. Motion passed.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC – GENERAL
Commissioner Hood made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Commissioner Long seconded the motion and all voted aye. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 6:10 p.m.