- PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS AND FIRST RESPONDERS SUPPLEMENT GRANT: Gordon County has received the funds from the State and paid this supplement to the certified public safety officials who were entitled to receive on Friday, May 13th.
- BUDGET CALENDAR: I have delivered the recommended budget to you tonight. We will also post the recommended Budget on the county website. Copies will also be available for review at the County Administration Building and the Library. Department Heads may pick up copies of their departmental recommendations tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 10 a.m. A public hearing on the budget will be held on June 7 at the BOC meeting and Budget Adoption is scheduled for June 21, 2022 to go into effect on July 1, 2022.
- ARPA REPORTING: Gordon County is making the necessary filings to receive the second round of funding from the American Rescue Plan Act.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- COURTHOUSE RENOVATION: Demolition and remediation are well underway.
- JUDICIAL BUILDING: The County has paid the final invoices for the Judicial Building Project. This was a voter approved SPLOST project that was paid for on completion.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: The Gordon County Development Authority met last week. The County continues to experience a very high level of interest from developers of industrial, logistics, commercial and residential projects.
- BROADBAND: Gordon County continues to advance its initiative to bring broadband to unserved areas of the county in partnership with Comcast.
- PRIMARY ELECTION: Early voting continues this week at the County Elections Office for the Primary Election to be held on Tuesday May 24, 2022. Sample Ballots are available for the public’s review online at https://gordoncounty.org/2022-elections-info/.
- BLUEWAYS: The New Echota Rivers Alliance (NERA) hosted a paddle on the Oostanaula River from Brookshire Park to the take out at Highway 140 in Floyd County. This is a beautiful stretch of river offering a 13.5 mile float between the public boat ramps. Many thanks to the Road Department and Fire Department for removing copious amounts of mud that had accumulated on the ramp prior to the paddle.
- VENDOR REVIEW FOR ELECTRONIC FILING: County Officials have been looking at software and options to provide and streamline online services. The county tax assessor’s office has been hosting a QPublic website for many years to display tax maps and parcel information. The Gordon County QPublic site literally receives millions of online searches per year. The vendor has the ability to extend online services at a relatively low cost for ordinance enforcement, building permit applications, zoning applications and other processes that may streamline applications and offer greater convenience to the public.
- ANNEXATIONS: Gordon County has received notice from Calhoun regarding 3 annexation requests:
- 158 Thornwood Drive .689 acre, R-1
- 1462 Hwy 53 Spur 2.10 acres to C-2
- 937 Dews Pond rd. 2.19 acres County R-4 to R-1