BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS AGENDA
June 6, 2023
Judicial Building Assembly Room
Work Session – 5:00 PM
Regular Session – 6:00 PM
Discussion of Agenda Items
Departmental Report by Tax Assessor’s Office
Broadband Update from Comcast
Executive Session to discuss litigation, property acquisition, and personnel
Reminders and Information
- Call To Order
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of the Agenda
- Special Recognition
- Public Participation
- Steven Mashburn
- Administrator’s Report
- Commissioner’s Report
- First Reading
- Public Hearing
- FY24 Budget
- Consideration of Unfinished Business
- Application Z23-16 requesting rezoning from Agricultural (A-1-) to Conditional Use located at first drive past Pleasant Hill Ext. on Redbud Rd, Calhoun, Georgia 30701; Gordon County Tax Parcel 095-059. The Planning Commission voted 4-0 to approve.
- Consideration of New Business
- Request from the State Properties Commission to approve option for Tenant to extend Term agreements with the Department of Public Safety for the property located at 402 Belwood Road SE for a period of one (1) year beginning July 1, 2023 and ending June 30, 2024.
- Request from the State Properties Commission to approve option for Tenant to extend Term agreements with the Department of Public Safety for the property located at 1166 Lovers Lane SE for a period of one (1) year beginning July 1, 2023 and ending June 30, 2024.
- Request to approve Memorandum of Understanding with Gordon County Schools regarding parking at Sonoraville Rec.
- Request to approve proposal with Momon Construction for new construction for Evidence Building. This will be budgeted using 2018 SPLOST funds.
- Request to approve ACCG Defined Benefit Plan.
- Request from Finance to award bid to purchase copiers for Gordon County offices to Canon in the amount of $142,453. This will be budgeted using excess LOST funds.