- SPLOST AND LOST: SPLOST and LOST collections were up 27% over the same period last year.
• BUDGET CALENDAR: The final budget will be presented to the BOC for adoption on June 21, 2022.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- COVID TASK FORCE: The Task force met today. Numbers remain low compared to peaks experienced during the pandemic. However, there has been an uptick in cases over the last 30 day period. EMA reported the following:
- March 31, 2022 = 11,878 cases and 227 deaths (+97 cases and +7 deaths since February 28)
- April 30, 2022 = 11,960 cases and 232 deaths (+82 cases and +5 deaths since March 31)
- June 1, 2022 = 12,106 cases and 233 deaths (+146 cases and +1 death since April 30)
Advent Gordon Hospital reported three patients admitted for other reasons happened to test positive for Covid 19. No Covid patients are currently on ventilators.
- COURTHOUSE RENOVATION: Planned interior demolition of the 1961Courthouse has been ongoing. The first floor demo is complete and crews are moving to the second floor. Momon construction will begin new construction on the first floor now and move upstairs as the next floors become available. So far, there have no material adverse conditions discovered and the structure appears to be very strong.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Interest in the South Highway 41 and the Union Grove areas of the county remains very high for industrial, warehousing and logistics ventures.
- BROADBAND: I will receive a progress report from Comcast on the broadband project later this week. I will include that information in my administrator’s report on June 21st.
- PRIMARY ELECTION: Many thanks are due to Shea Hicks and the staff at the Board of Elections for a successful primary election!
- CIGNA HEALTH INSURANCE OPEN ENROLLMENT: Open enrollment opens tomorrow and runs through midnight on Sunday June 26. The new plan goes into effect on July 1st. You may make changes to your account online through ADP or by calling H.R. during the open enrollment period.
– Attended ACCG training for application of the State COLA to certain specific County Offices
– Met with Grand Jurors conducting facility inspections
– Attended Court on a hearing to establish the disposition of excess funds derived from a tax sale
– Attended the Law Library Committee meeting
– Reviewed plans for renovations to the Senior Center
– Met with insurance representatives to discuss rising coverage costs