Administrator’s Report for June 16, 2020
- BUDGET PREPARATION CALENDAR FOR F/Y 2020-2021: The final budget is to be adopted tonight with an effective date of July 1.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- COVID-19: As of June 16, 2020, Gordon County has 99 “active” cases of COVID-19. (“Active” in this context means a positive test in no more than the past 21 days.) This number is about 9X higher than a couple of weeks ago. There are no identifiable “pockets” of infection and reports indicate the higher number is attributed to increased testing and delayed processing of older test samples. Advent Health reports no increased hospitalizations. Advent Health has also reported it has conducted over 1,200 tests with less than 50 positives.
- ELECTIONS: The primary elections went well in Gordon County on June 9, 2020, with 10,359 total ballots cast.
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT: The Health Department project has moved to phase two with the demolition of the old building and construction of the new parking lot underway. We are still looking at project completion around the first of July.
- ANNEX/COURTHOUSE: The Construction Manager gave its preliminary cost estimates to county staff on Friday, June 5th. The CM is now value engineering the project to lower costs to meet budget requirements.
- SPLASH PAD & PAVILION: The Splash Pad and Pavilion are looking real good with completion scheduled for around the first of July.
- BROADBAND READINESS: A small group of local stakeholders is set to meet on June 24 and discuss creating broadband access for unserved areas of Gordon County.