Admin Report for June 19, 2018
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- Animal Shelter: We held a regular onsite meeting with the architect and general contractor on Thursday, June 7 at 11 a.m. The walls are complete and the roof deck and moisture barrier are in place.
- DFCS Carpet: DFCS has provided us with a drawing showing a reduced scale of project after bids came in too high several months ago. Purchasing is reviewing the project in consideration of the reduction in scope.
- Sugar Valley Community Center: The voters of Gordon County approved SPLOST funds for renovations to the Old Sugar Valley School. On June 6, representatives of a group of concerned citizens requested the county to consider allowing them to replace the floor now instead of waiting for collection of SPLOST money. On June 7, Ben Carter looked the building and determined that it is not safe to occupy without substantial remediation and repair. Therefore, the floor must wait.
- Meeting of Area Administrators: On June 13, I attended a lunch that Peter Olsen in Bartow County hosted for area administrators to discuss current topics and concerns.
- HB 489: The request to extend the deadline for the new HB 489 plan as approved by the BOC has been filed at DCA in Atlanta.