BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS AGENDA
June 20, 2023
The GEM Theater 114 North Wall Street Calhoun, GA 30701
Work Session – 5:00 PM
Regular Session – 6:00 PM
- Discussion of Agenda Items
- Executive Session to discuss litigation, property acquisition, and personnel
- Reminders and Information
- Call To Order
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Adopt minutes of Work, Regular, and Executive Session of June 6, 2023
- Approval of the Agenda
- Special Recognition – NONE
- Public Participation – NONE
- Administrator’s Report
- Commissioner’s Report
- First Reading – NONE
- Public Hearing
- Application Z23-20 requesting rezoning from Agricultural (A-1) to General Commercial (C-G) located at 115 Boone Ford Rd. SE and 117 Boone Ford Rd. SE, Calhoun, GA 30701; Gordon County Tax Parcel 057A-113 and 057A-112. The Planning Commission voted 4-1 to approve as Commercial Crossroads (C-C).
- Application Z23-21 requesting rezoning from Agricultural (A-1) to Residential Agricultural (RA-1) located at 3780 Hwy 41 N, Resaca, GA 30735; Gordon County Tax Parcel 039-035. The Planning Commission voted 5-0 to approve.
- Application Z23-19 requesting rezoning from Agricultural (A-1) to Light Industrial (I-1) located at 555 Miller Ferry Rd., Adairsville, GA 30103; Gordon County Tax Parcel 048-024. The Planning Commission voted 5-0 to deny.
- Consideration of Unfinished Business
- Consideration of New Business
- Consideration of Resolution concerning the Prescription Opioid Litigation.
- Consideration of Resolution to adopt the FY24 Budget.
- Consideration of Resolution to adopt the 2023-2027 Joint Comprehensive Plan.
- Consideration of request from Elections and Registration to approve an amendment to the Dominion Hardware Warranty Agreement in the amount of $4,330. This will be budgeted using GL Account # 414-522230.
- Consideration to release Triple J Logging, Inc. bond in the amount of $5,000.