Gordon County Board of Commissioners
Work Session Minutes
June 21, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
Chad Steward, Vice-Chairman
Kevin Cunningham, Commissioner
M.L. Bud Owens, Commissioner
Bruce Potts, Commissioner
James F. Ledbetter, County Administrator
Keith King, Executive Assistant
Vice-Chairman Steward called the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m.
Discussion of Regular Agenda Items
Public Hearing for Zoning:
County Administrator Ledbetter described to the Board that Application Z22-11 for Jennifer Roland to rezone from A1 to R1 was a family carving out a portion of land for their child to build a house near her parents.
Mr. Ledbetter also explained the items listed under New Business which included:
- The Adoption of the FY 2022-23 Budget: Mr. Ledbetter explained how the budget was impacted by the current inflation and that labor and insurance cost were the two largest factors. Mr Ledbetter then listed the different funds of the budget:
- General Fund Expenditures $44,151,860
- Special Revenue Fund Expenditures $18,551,662
- Enterprise Fund Expenditures $1,724,654
- Capital Project Fund Expenditures $19,688,675
- Less Interfund Transfers ($6,314,880)
- Total Annual Budget $77,801,971
- Bid Awards and Contracts for Fire Department Pumper Trucks: Mr. Ledbetter explained that Peach State was the lowest bidder and that the funds were allocated in the 2018 SPLOST. Mr. Ledbetter also suggested that the motion would need to include Mr. Ledbetter to have the authority to sign the contracts due to the timeframe in processing the order.
- Fourth Amendment to the Ambulance Service Agreement with Advent Health System Georgia, Inc.: Mr. Ledbetter described the new terms of the amendment that included that Gordon County will no longer pay supplements of $193,000 per year and would not contribute $100,000 every other year towards an ambulance. Advent Health also agrees to fund an E-911 telecommunicator in the amount of $75,000 per year, institute a 5th Advanced Life Support Truck by the end of September 2022, and begin a non-emergency transfer service between hospitals. These items will be an approximate savings of $904,000 over the next three years.
Vice-Chairman Steward stated that the next item on the agenda was an Executive Session for legal, personnel, and real estate matters.
Commissioner Cunningham motioned to enter the Executive Session and Commissioner Owens seconded the motion. All voted in favor. The Board of Commissioners entered the Executive Session at 5:37 p.m.
The Board of Commissioners returned from Executive Session at 5:53 p.m.
Commissioner Owens motioned to come out of the Executive Session and Commissioner Potts seconded the motion.
There being no further business, Vice-Chairman Steward concluded the June 21, 2022 Gordon County Board of Commission Work Session at 5:55 p.m.