Admin Report for July 16, 2019
- CASH AND INVESTMENT REPORT: The Cash and Investment report dated July 15, 2019 is attached for your review.
- EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL REPORTING: The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) prepared by our Finance Director, Al Leonard, for fiscal year ended 2018 qualifies for The Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial reporting. Gordon County has received this recognition for 14 years in a row which is every year that Al Leonard has been our Finance Director.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- CITY OF CALHOUN ANNEXATIONS: Calhoun has annexed 13.655 acres on Dews Pond Road at Map and Parcel numbers GC52-043 and GC52-044. Calhoun has also annexed 1.22 acres at 122 Jones Rd.
- SPLASH PAD: The 2018 SPLOST includes a capital project for a Splash Pad at Sonoraville Rec. The County consulted with the Department of Public Health for consideration of permitting requirements for the Splash Pad.
- GRAND JURY: I gave the county report to the June term of the Grand Jury on July 15, 2019.
- EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS: County Staff continues to evaluate the performance and express concerns over the timeliness of weather notifications by Hyper-Reach. We have also reviewed a grant that is available for 200 weather radios and batteries. The total cost is $7,300 and the county portion is $1,095 if we decide to participate.
- ORDINANCE ENFORCEMENT: I have reviewed a new ordinance citation form required by a new State law for the Ordinance Officer.
- OTHER ACTIVITY: I met with the Health Department and Commissioner Owens regarding temporary for service permits for non-profit corporations at special events. This item is on the agenda for consideration tonight.