- Fiscal Year End: The FY2015-16 budgets were entered into the county financial management system earlier this month. To close-out the previous fiscal year, the Finance Department continues to process remaining FY2014-2015 disbursements.
- Tax Digest Approval: The 2015 Tax digest is being calculated and will be completed during the next several weeks. The digest is expected to be available for approval by the Gordon County Board of Commissioners and School Board prior to September 2015.
- Mental Health Facility: Fellowship Health Resources will begin their relocation into the Gordon County Mental Health building next month. Their Chief Operating Officer, Pamela Daisey, will be in town the first week of August to set up the offices.
- Red Bud Road Fire Station: Calhoun Commercial Construction reported that the Fire Station roof is being installed this week and drywall installation will begin next week. The contractor has resolved a soil erosion concern using a geo-textile fabric, and they are working to address a sediment pond issue identified by NOVA engineering. The contractor and architect are working together to properly install the moisture barrier.
- Parking Deck CCTV: A preferred vendor was identified to install additional security cameras in and around the new parking deck. The Purchasing Department is assembling the documents that are necessary for the contractor to start work.
- George Chambers CDBG: Killian and Clark Architects are working with the George Chambers staff to re-scope this project. A new timeline will then be prepared for re-bidding the construction contract with a reduced scope of work that can be executed within budget.
- Courthouse Renovation: The Finance Department continues to work with the Bond Attorney and County Attorney to purchase the BB&T bank building. The Public Facilities Authority adopted the bond resolution on July 21st. Following authorization by the Board of Commissioners, public notices will be published; and on August 13th a validation hearing will be held. The purchase is scheduled to close on August 18th.
- Resaca Battlefield: The DNR estimates they will need 2-3 more months to complete their work on the Resaca Battlefield. The Chief of Engineering & Construction at DNR is coordinating the installation of the entrance sign with the GDOT and NGEMC and working with the Friend of the Resaca Battlefield to complete the interpretive signs. DNR’s contractor has added additional gravel and trimmed back overgrown foliage along the paths.