- Preliminary Digest: The total gross digest is down principally due to losses in industrial FF&E and inventory. The Digest shows an increase in real estate values. As a result, there is a gross negative digest with a rollback due to real estate values. This is the first time Gordon County has shown negative growth in the last five years.
- Millage Rate: Last year the millage rate was 9.853. Finance has calculated the millage rate it proposes for this year at 9.828.
- Freeport: The current Freeport exemption in the County is 60%. The estimated impact of an additional 20% exemption to 80% would be a reduction of tax revenue to the county of $654,345 and to the County Schools of $404,366. This impact would hit the 2018/2019 budget and each year thereafter.
Significant Projects and Activity
- Courthouse Annex: The new HVAC has been installed and is operational.
- Fire Department: The Fire Hydrant project is complete. 66 new fire hydrants were installed this year and 408 in total were installed. This project was paid for with the 1 penny sales tax as an approved SPLOST project.