Admin Report for August 20, 2019
- CASH AND INVESTMENTS REPORT: This monthly report has been provided in your material for your information and review.
- TAX CONSOLIDATIONS: The County is preparing a calendar of events to occur in September to set the millage rate and tax levy.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- DEWS POND RD. DOT PROJECT: Has been completed by D.O.T. contractors.
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT: This is the calendar of events for the near future:
- Bid Posted: 8/21/2019
- Mandatory Pre-Bid 9/18/2019 at 10 a.m.
- Question Deadline 9/27/2019 at 4 p.m.
- Bid Submittal Deadline 10/2/2019 at 2PM
- Evaluation 10/2 to 10/15/2019
- Possible Vendor notification of award 10/16/2019
- COMMITTEE MEETINGS: In the past two weeks I have attended meetings of the Finance Committee, General Administration Committee, Public Works and Public Safety. I plan to attend the Gordon/Floyd joint Development authority meeting tomorrow as well as the E911 demonstration.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: I provided support to an existing manufacturer on a federal program that rewards creation of new jobs. We are also working with a potential major commercial project that is interested in our community.
- INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS: Chairman Hood and I met with Mayor Jimmy Palmer and Paul Worley and discussed numerous issues of common concern. I met with the County School Superintendent, Dr. Fraker, last Friday to discuss common issues.
- BUILDING PROJECTS: You have schematic designs for Brookshire Park, the Evidence Building and Morgue and Health Department here for your review.