- SPLOST/LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated August 31, 2019 reflect collections reported for July 2019. For that period, SPLOST collections were $802,264.29 which is a $57,715.26 (7.75%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $508,725.41 which is a $7,807.59 (1.51%) decrease over the same period last year.
- MILLAGE RATE, DIGEST AND TAX LEVY: The Tax Assessors Office distributed the consolidated digest numbers and growth report to the County, Cities and School Districts on August 12, 2019. These reports are used with other considerations to set the millage rate for tax bills that will go out later this year. The County Schools should issue a statement of intent regarding its millage rate at its next meeting on September 9. After that, Gordon County can post the schedule for hearings, if necessary, and a date to set the tax levy.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT: The project is out for bid on the following schedule:
Bid Posted: 8/21/2019
Mandatory Pre-Bid 9/18/2019 at 10 a.m.
Question Deadline 9/27/2019 at 4 p.m.
Bid Submittal Deadline 10/2/2019 at 2PM
Evaluation 10/2 to 10/15/2019
Possible Vendor notification of award 10/16/2019
- GOVERNMENT PLAZA 2nd FLOOR: The Abatement is underway and the first phase removal of drywall is complete and approved. The project bid schedule is proposed as follows:
Bid Posted: 9/19/2019
Pre-Bid 10/16/2019 at 10 a.m.
Question Deadline 10/28/2019 at 4 p.m.
Bid Submittal Deadline 10/31/2019 at 2PM
Evaluation 10/31 to 11/5/2019
Possible Vendor notification of award 11/6/2019
- SPLASH PAD: The 2018 SPLOST includes a capital project for a Splash Pad and Pavilion at Sonoraville Rec. We expect that Splash Pad to be installed and operational next summer. Carter and Watkins have presented a design concept for the Splash Pad, Restrooms and Pavilion and are preparing documents for public invitation for bids or proposals on this project.
- FIRE AND RESCUE: GSAR teams have been placed on standby for response to Hurricane Dorian if needed.
- DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS: The following monthly Departmental Reports are attached for your review: Public Works; Animal Control; EMA; and, I.T.
Administrative Staff participated in the following:
- Aug 20th: Met with County & City Staff concerning the Census 2020
- Aug 21st: E-911 Spillman Mapping Presentation
- Aug 21st: Met with the Joint Floyd-Gordon Development Authority
- Aug 22nd: Met with Public Safety officials concerning the County-wide radio system
- Aug 22nd: Attended the Retirement Reception for Joey Jordon
- Aug 23rd: Met with IT, Purchasing, and AT&T Account Manager concerning moving PRIs to SIP IP-Flex
- Aug 27th: Attended Development Authority Meeting
- Aug 29th: Met with County Staff and Carter Watkins concerning the Splash Pad
- Aug 30th: Attended the Sheriff’s Office Luncheon
- Aug 30th: Met with Planning & Zoning to work on their iWorq software
- BROOKSHIRE PARK: Currently preparing bid documents and will hopefully have it out to bid soon.
- NEW EVIDENCE BUILDING & MORGUE: Carter Watkins has prepared the initial design concept. The next step is to meet with stakeholders.
- CENSUS 2020: County and City have met and kicked off a program of work that includes scheduling a Complete Count Committee meeting with NWGRC, Census Staff, and local community leaders (government, education, large employers, non-profits, and religious organizations).