Administrator’s Report for September 13, 2016
- Public Hearing: The proposal to rollback the current millage rate of 9.930 mils to 9.853 mils was advertised in the local paper and on the county website. A public hearing has been held, and a resolution to establish the 2016 tax levy will be considered for adoption.
- Millage Rate: Pending adoption of the new millage rate, the Finance Department has prepared the required documents that will be submitted to the Gordon County Tax Commissioner and filed with the State of Georgia.
- Group Health Insurance: Group Health Insurance premiums increased during the first two months of the current fiscal year. The costs for the months of July and August 2016 totaled $922,604 compared to $688,073 that was incurred during July and August 2015. This change represents a 34% increase of $234,531.
- Building Renovation: Painting, dry wall, tile work, and roof replacement is underway. Air-conditioning units are scheduled for installation in October. The renovation remains on schedule for November completion. Originally identified improvements are under budget. The Administrator authorized an additional $31,210 for replacement of worn out sewer lines to avoid additional costs during the 2nd level renovation. Additional repair options are pending final cost estimates for board consideration.
- Greenbelt and Blue-ways Trail System: A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a Green Way and Blue Way master plan is currently being solicited. The RFQ is due on October 5, 2016.
- Ranger Station: A bid for the renovation to the Ranger Fire Station to house new Firefighters is currently being advertised. Bids are due on September 28, 2016.
- Health Department: Gordon County staff will hold a meeting at the Health Department on September 29 to review facility requirements, discuss potential floor plans, and evaluate possible locations on the property for the future construction of this 2012 SPLOST project
- Public Works: The improvements on Brookshire Road are proceeding on schedule, and over half of the hot mix paving projected for this year has been completed. A bid for a new Tandem Dump Truck is being advertised. The bids are due on October 12, 2016.