- SPLOST/LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated August 31, 2018 reflect collections reported for July 2018. For that period, SPLOST collections were $744,549.03 which is a $35,686.02 (5.03%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $516,533.00 which is a $24,932.57 (5.07%) increase over the same period last year.
- Santek and Red Bone Ridges Host Fee: Gordon County received a check for $91,381.66 and an increase in Host fee from $1.49/ton to $1.63/ton after an audit of the contract terms.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- Animal Shelter: The Animal Control building project is nearing completion. Cabinet installation, Kennels, Air Conditioners, Plumbing Fixtures, Parking Lot Preparation and other work is well underway.
- County and City Attorney’s Seminar: The County Administrator attended continuing legal education classes last Thursday and Friday.
- Committee attendance by Administrator:
- Finance Committee on September 7, 2018.
- Public Works Committee on September 11.
- Development Authority on August 28.
- Government and Community Affairs Committee of Chamber of Commerce on September 11.
- Emergency Notification: The Hyper Reach Emergency Notification system is now active. The Public is encouraged to sign up to receive important Public safety and Emergency notifications.
- Health Department: Geologic Engineers have determined the proposed site behind the current facility is suitable for construction and the Architects, Carter and Watkins are proceeding with the schematic design.
- Unity Run: Kick off ceremony to be held on September 25.
- H/B 489: Mediation is set for October 2.
- Economic Development: We are working on a list of stakeholders and people to be interviewed for input in the county-wide economic development plan being developed by Taylor English Decisions.