Admin Report for October 2, 2018
- SPLOST/LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated September 30, 2018 reflect collections reported for August 2018. For that period, SPLOST collections were $704,004.10 which is a $30,038.08 (4.46%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $488,380.96 which is a $20,985.09 (4.49%) increase over the same period last year.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- Animal Shelter: The Animal Control building project is about 80% complete. To date, the total completed by the general contractor is $933,880.19 out of an original contract sum of $1,207,954 including contingency funds of $100,000. Gordon County is holding a retainage of 93,388.05.
- New Health Department SPLOST Project: The architects are getting close to having a schematic design for our review.
- Library: Mayor Palmer and I signed a Proclamation in support of literacy and I ended up with a new Library card.
- Emergency Management Agency: Gordon County received a check for $38,012.27 from FEMA to reimburse the county for expenses incurred providing services during Hurricane Irma.