- SPLOST and LOST: SPLOST and LOST Collections were up again in September. SPLOST collections were up $40,506.31 over this period last year which is a 6.39% increase. LOST collections were up $28,089.15 over September 2016 which is also a 6.39% increase. This follows 11.9% increases last month. Looking at August and September, collections are up a total $80,348.99 compared to these months last year.
Significant Projects and Activity
- Courthouse Renovation: We remain on schedule for the completion of bid documents and due dates for bids. The dates remain such that the bid documents will be ready by January 30, 2018 and bids due March 6, 2018.
- Animal Shelter: I plan to meet with the Architects on Thursday, October 5th to review detailed drawings. We remain on schedule for bid documents to be ready on October 31st and bids due December 5th.
- Shelter Fire Claim: Gordon County received checks from ACCG in partial payment of the Fire Claim. We are reviewing the final reports and verifying that the claim payments proposed by ACCG are in line with our coverage.
- Government Plaza: We expect delivery of the permeable backed carpet today. The contractor will install the carpet after business hours to avoid inconvenience to the public. The work on the back entrance should take place at about the same time.
- Surplus Auction: Gordon County received the check for the auction of surplus property and netted the amount of $34,675. This is a little higher than what I reported last time. The increase is due to the fact that Jeff Champion had negotiated a favorable auction fee.