Administrator’s Report October 20, 2015
- Financial Audit: R.M. Dobbs & Company auditors are working with the Finance Department to complete the County’s annual financial audit. The results will be presented in December as a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for fiscal year ended June 30, 2015.
- Red Bud Road Fire Station: Calhoun Commercial Construction reports that their work on the fire station continues, and a project update will be provided at County Administration Building conference room on Friday October 23rd at 11:00 a.m.
- George Chambers Expansion: The preconstruction conference with Moman Construction will be held at the George Chambers Resource Center on Monday October 26 at 3:00 PM.
- Public Works:
- The County Road Department completed all resurfacing projects scheduled for this fall with the exception of Hall Memorial Road and SPLOST funded resurfacing within the city limits.
- The majority of the temporary striping on Dews Pond Road has been applied and the remainder should be wrapped up this week. Permanent striping is pending GDOT’s notice to proceed.
- The underground pipe on Redbone Ridge Road, previously identified by GDOT’s Bridge Inspection team for replacement, has now been replaced and the thoroughfare re-established.
- GDOT Reports that the Union Grove exchange opens today.
- Harmony Church Road will be closed for approximately 30 days to permit GDOT to complete work related to the I-75/SR-156 (Red Bud Rd.) exchange.
- Code Compliance: The new Code Compliance department was established last week in the County Administration Building. Preliminary service delivery began on Friday, October 16th; however, full operational capability requires additional employee certification, process development, and small equipment procurement. The county is concurrently evaluating information management systems that may streamline inter-departmental work-flow activities involving permits, inspections, & citations.