Admin Report for November 05, 2019
- SPLOST AND LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated October 31, 2019, reflect collections reported for September 2019. For that period, SPLOST collections were $785,015.58 which is a $150,213.72 (23.66%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $498,368.85 which is a $58,079.95 (13.19%) increase over the same period last year.
- REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE REPORTS FIRST QUARTER (CASH BASIS): The report for the three months ended September 30, 2019, and a comparison to 2018 are available for your review.
- REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE REPORT FOR THE YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2019 (MODIFIED ACCRUAL BASIS): This report is available for your review. It includes a comparison to the same period in 2018.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT: The project has been bid on the following schedule with the bid award scheduled for tonight:
- Bid Posted: 8/21/2019 (completed)
- Pre-Bid meeting 9/18/2019 at 10 a.m. (completed)
- Question Deadline 9/27/2019 at 4 p.m. (completed)
- Bid Submittal Deadline 10/2/2019 at 2 PM (completed)
- Evaluation 10/2 to 10/15/2019 (completed)
- Vendor notified of award 10/16/2019 (completed)
- Groundbreaking to be determined
- GOVERNMENT PLAZA 2nd FLOOR: The Abatement is complete. The project bid schedule is as follows:
- Bid Posted 9/19/2019(completed)
- Pre-Bid Meeting 10/16/2019 at 10 a.m. (completed)
- Question Deadline 10/28/2019 at 4 p.m. (completed)
- Bids Submitted 10/31/2019 at 2 PM (completed)
- Evaluation 10/31 to ongoing
- Possible Vendor notification of award 11/19/2019
- SPLASH PAD: The 2018 SPLOST includes a capital project for a Splash Pad and Pavilion at Sonoraville Rec. We expect that Splash Pad to be installed and operational next summer. Carter Watkins has redrawn the pavilion to include dressing rooms and to extend the covered area. Geologic studies are complete and the engineers have made their recommendations for the project. The tentative schedule has changed and will be updated in a later report.
- ELECTIONS EQUIPMENT: Gordon County expects to receive the State mandated new elections equipment in December/January. The first use of the new equipment will be in the March 2020 Primary Election. The new equipment will present some challenges for storage, electrical circuit access, moving, security and manpower. Catoosa County was selected to test the equipment in the November 5 election. Personnel from Gordon County traveled to Catoosa to look at the equipment in use during early voting.
- BROOKSHIRE PARK: Currently reviewing proposed plans.
- NEW EVIDENCE BUILDING & MORGUE: Carter Watkins has prepared the initial design concept. The next step is to meet with stakeholders.
- CENSUS 2020: Gordon County and the City of Calhoun have partnered in preparing for the 2020 Census. A part of this project is to form a Complete Count Committee that is comprised of government, education, business, religious, and community leaders such as you. The kickoff meeting is scheduled for Friday, November 8, 2019, from 9 am to 11 am. The meeting will be held at the Calhoun Depot located at 109 S King St, Calhoun, GA 30701. A representative from the Census program will be with us to explain why having a complete count is important and to share the best practices to ensure the greatest results.
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT: The Health Department hosted a Public Health Assessment today at the Agriculture Center.
- DEPARTMENT REPORTS: You have monthly reports submitted by: I.T.; Public Works; Animal Control; E911; Building Inspection; Emergency Management; Elections; and, the Fire Department.
- MISCELLANEOUS ACTIVITY: The Administrator met with a representative of Advent Health Gordon; attended the Chamber Cookout on the Corner; met with Santek; and, attended the Development Authority, Safety Committee, Mohawk Career Center Ribbon Cutting; two Gordon 25 sub-committee meetings and the Plaza bid opening.
- 35th ANNUAL LEGISLATIVE APPRECIATION DINNER: I attended this event on October 16, 2019.
- GORDON COUNTY LEPC HEALTH AND SAFETY FAIR: This event was held on Saturday, October 5, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at Home Depot.
- CANDIDIATES FORUM: The Chamber of Commerce hosted a Candidates Forum on Thursday, October 3, 2019, in the Calhoun Depot Community Room.
- Information Technology: Announcement regarding the Director position.