Admin Report for November 7, 2017
- Year End: The Year End reports for fiscal year ending June 30, 2016 are in your material for tonight.
- SPLOST and LOST: SPLOST collections for October were $698,124.08 which is a $128,951.24 increase (22.66%) over the same period in 2016. The collections for October 2015 were $697,997.61. LOST collections for October were $484,150.21 which is an increase of $89,380.75 (22.64%) over October 2016. The LOST collections for October 2015 were $484,182.58.
Significant Projects and Activity
- Courthouse Renovation: We remain on schedule for the completion of bid documents and due dates for bids. The bid documents should be ready by January 30, 2018 and bids due around March 6, 2018. Construction is projected to start April 1st.
- Animal Shelter: Sue Henson, Dottie Payne and I visited the Douglas County Shelter designed by Carter and Watkins last week. We were impressed by the facility. Our design contemplates a smaller facility incorporating some of the favorable elements. The bid schedule has been pushed back one month so that bid solicitations will go out around December 1st. The Bid award should occur around mid January and construction should commence March 1st. The dates were modified so the bids would not be due on the last week of the year in the hope we will get maximum participation. I am meeting the Architect on site Friday afternoon.
- Government Plaza: The moisture permeable carpet has been installed. The rails for the back steps are being powder coated and we are awaiting delivery of the new treads. Hopefully, the work will be finished and back door opened before the next meeting.
- Mental Health Building: Prevent Child Abuse Gordon County, Inc. submitted the only response to the Request for Proposal. They provide four major programs: First Steps, Parents as Teachers, Parenting Classes, and Child Advocacy Center. Prevent Child Abuse hopes to open a Supervised Visitation Center. The Corporation comes highly recommended by several local agencies.
- DFCS Carpet Replacement: The carpet replacement is being bid.
- 5311 Program: I have issued a non-binding letter of intent to consider placing management of the program in a third party independent contractor. The goal is to save costs and reduce liability for the county while contracting to ensure an appropriate level of service.