- FY2015-2016 Closeout: The budget for the previous fiscal year has been closed and the Gordon County Revenue and Expenditure Budget Report for the year ending June 30, 2016 is submitted to the Board of Commissioners for review (report attached). Highlights follow:
- $2,051,785.18 excess revenue over expenditures in the General Fund.
- $490,942.14 excess revenue over expenditures in the Fire Fund.
- $17,069.74 excess revenue over expenditures in the E-911 Fund
- Government Plaza: Momon Construction is working with subcontractors to complete HVAC system repairs and fabricate replacement windows for installation next month. The Building and Grounds Department and Tax Commissioner are coordinating with Calhoun High School students to repair & refinish ten wooden benches underneath the breezeway. Upon completion of these first floor repairs, a final schedule will be presented for the relocation of the Tax Commissioner, Tax Assessor, and Voter Registration and Elections from the 1st floor of the Courthouse Annex to the 1st floor of the Government Plaza. We anticipate this relocation may occur during January 2017 and conclude in February 2017.
- Courthouse and Courthouse Annex: Gordon County requires a consultant with substantial construction experience to recommend the hire of specialists to evaluate the Gordon County Courthouse and Courthouse Annex. This work will precipitate the repairs and renovation, which will be funded through the 2012 SPLOST. A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) will be posted on November 19, 2016.
- Health Department: The State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is working with the State Property Commission to affect the transfer of state owned property to Gordon County, which could allow the new structure to be erected behind the existing Health Department without disruption in service delivery. The State agreed to convey the property to Gordon County for $10 as long as the property is limited to public use in perpetuity.
- Ranger Fire Station: The repairs at the Ranger Fire Station are approximately 50% complete. The Fire Department projects the work will be finished by the end of the month.
- Fire Fighter Graduation: The County and City Fire Department hosted their first Joint Firefighter Graduation Ceremony on November 3rd. Recently hired City and County Firefighters were individually and collectively recognized for completing the rigorous training and testing standards for National Fire Protection Association certifications.
- Wildfire Operations: Gordon County full-time and part-time Firefighters deployed to Dade County over the weekend to provide wildfire support to the State Forestry Commission per the mutual aid agreement.
- EMA Reorganization: The Human Resources Department will be recruiting for an EMA Director. Based on commissioner feedback, EMA will be re-structured as a stand-alone agency that is better positioned to support local public safety agencies.