11/18/2014 Administrator’s Report
- Budget Report: The Gordon County Revenue and Expenditure Budget Reports for the three months fiscal period ended September 30, 2015 (attached).
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report: The Finance Department is finalizing the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2014. Georgia law requires that counties prepare and present a complete set of financial statements and audited by a certified public accounting firm.
- Parking Deck: The parking deck construction project is underway and on schedule. We anticipate project completion date is March – April 2015.
- Fire Station Construction: We expect a contract from Calhoun Commercial Construction to be presented to the Board of Commissioners no earlier than the next meeting of the Board of Commissioners in December.
- George Chambers CDBG: Gordon County continues to work with the architect and the George Chambers staff to complete the final set of bid drawings.
- GCCMA: Attended the Georgia City County Management Association conference which focused on community development and organizational leadership.
- Resaca Battlefield: A letter with an itemized list of corrective actions that we expect to be resolved prior to Gordon County accepting operational control was sent to State of Georgia Department of Natural Resources.