Admin Report for November 19, 2019
- COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT: Preparation of the CAFR is underway for filing in December. This is the annual independent audit of county financial operations.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT:
- Bid Posted: 8/21/2019 (completed)
- Pre-Bid meeting 9/18/2019 at 10 a.m. (completed)
- Question Deadline 9/27/2019 at 4 p.m. (completed)
- Bid Submittal Deadline 10/2/2019 at 2PM (completed)
- Evaluation 10/2 to 10/15/2019 (completed)
- Vendor notified of award 10/16/2019 (completed)
- Groundbreaking 11/19/2019 (completed)
- GOVERNMENT PLAZA 2nd FLOOR:
- Bid Posted 9/19/2019 (completed)
- Pre-Bid Meeting 10/16/2019 at 10 a.m. (completed)
- Question Deadline 10/28/2019 at 4 p.m. (completed)
- Bid Submittal Deadline 10/31/2019 at 2PM (completed)
- Evaluation 10/31 to 11/5/2019 (completed)
- Vendor notified of award 11/19/2019
- SPLASH PAD: The 2018 SPLOST includes a capital project for a Splash Pad and Pavilion at Sonoraville Rec. We expect that Splash Pad to be installed and operational next summer. Carter Watkins has redrawn the pavilion to include dressing rooms and to extend the covered area. Geologic studies are complete and the engineers have made their recommendations for the project. The tentative schedule is:
- Bid Posted 11/25/2019
- Pre-Bid Meeting 12/16/2019 at 10 a.m.
- Question Deadline 01/08/2020 at 4 p.m.
- Bid Submittal Deadline 01/15/2020 at 2PM
- Evaluation 01/15 to 01/21/2020
- Possible Vendor notification of award 1/22/2020
- BROOKSHIRE PARK: Currently preparing bid documents and will hopefully have it out to bid soon.
- NEW EVIDENCE BUILDING & MORGUE: Carter Watkins has prepared the initial design concept. The next step is to meet with stakeholders.
- SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER: County staff met with Delmos Stone of the NWGRC concerning the possibility applying for a Community Development Block Grant to assist in the funding for the Senior Citizens Center expansion. Staff will attend a CDBG workshop in December 2019.
- CENSUS 2020: Gordon County and the City of Calhoun hosted a kickoff meeting on Friday, November 8, 2019, from 9 am to 11 am. The meeting was held at the Calhoun Depot located at 109 S King St, Calhoun, GA 30701. A representative from the Census program was there to explain why having a complete count is important and to share the best practices to ensure the greatest results. Our local attendance was greater than that of many metro Atlanta counties.
- The Health Department hosted a Public Health Assessment on November 5, 2019.
- General Administration Committee with Commissioner Owens on November 7, 2019
- Attended the Gordon 25 Committee Meeting on November 8, 2019
- Hosted the Census 2020 Complete Count Committee Meeting on November 8, 2019
- Attended the Public Works Committee with Commissioner Sexton on November 12, 2019
- Attended the EMS QRC meeting with Commissioners Cunningham and Owens on November 12, 2019
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Harris Arts Center Festival of Trees – November 4th – December 8th
- The Winners Club BBQ – Thursday, November 21st from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Calhoun Community Chorus presents “Home, Hearth, and Holidays” –
November 22nd – 23rd
- Gordon County Chamber’s Christmas Open House – November 24th from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Downtown Christmas Tree Lighting and Santa – November 24th at 6:30 p.m.
- Turkey Jam at The Calhoun Elks Lodge & Golf Club – November 29 at 6:00 p.m.
- Amazing G(Race) 10 K & 5K – November 30, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Crane Eater Community Church of Calhoun 3168 Red Bud Rd, Calhoun, GA 30701
- The Gordon County Historical society is set to host a Business After Hours Event Thursday, December 5th 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree at the Harris Arts Center – December 8th at 3:00 p.m.
- 2019 Calhoun Christmas Parade of Lights – Thursday, December 12th at 7:00 p.m.
- The Joni Harbin Show at the GEM Theatre – December 13th at 7:30 p.m.