Admin Report for November 20, 2018
- CASH AND INVESTMENT REPORT: The Cash and Investment Report dated November 19, 2018 is attached for your information and review.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- ANIMAL CONTROL: The new facility is operational and the temporary facility is closed. Sue Henson and her staff are planning an Animal Adoption event for Saturday, December 22, 2018 in the new building on Harris Beamer Road. We expect to offer animals for adoption at reduced or no fees and to solicit donations of food and supplies for starter kits to go with the adopted dogs and cats. The goal is to find a home for all of the animals before Christmas.
- GOVERNMENT PLAZA 2nd Floor: We are continuing to refine the schematic plans with the help of a contractor who will also assist with a cost estimate.
- PARKS AND RECREATION: The Atlanta Hawks have donated $2,600 to help offset the costs of the county youth basketball program.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Chairman Hood and I attended the Gordon/Floyd Development Authority meeting in Rome on November 14.
- GOVERNMENT AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE: Keith King and I attended the Government and Community Affairs Committee of the Chamber on November 13.
- NOVEMBER ELECTION: 17,860 of the 30,086 registered voters in Gordon County voted in the November election. Congratulations to Board Chair, Becky Hood and Vice Chair, Chad Steward on their re-election to another four year term. The Board of Elections, Director Shea Hicks, her staff and poll workers worked very hard and have received compliments from both Democrats and Republicans.