- First Quarter Report: The revenue and expenditure reports for July 1 to September 30, 2017 are in your material. For the first quarter of the year the county has used 24.32% of the budget.
Significant Projects and Activity
- Courthouse Renovation: The bid documents should be ready by March 1, 2018 and bids due around April 1, 2018. Construction is projected to start May 1st.
- Animal Shelter: Detailed plans and specifications are due after the Thanksgiving Holiday so that bids may be solicited in December and early January. The demolition of the remains of the old shelter should begin around the first of December.
- Government Plaza: The new carpet is in, the steps are complete and the back door is open.
- Mental Health Building: I am recommending that the BOC approve the lease to Prevent Child Abuse tonight.
- DFCS Carpet Replacement: The carpet replacement is being bid.
- New Gordon County Health Department: I have reached out to the Administration at the Health Department to begin organization of a design committee to provide input and suggestions for design and construction of the new Health Department.
- Comprehensive Plan: The committee is currently reviewing the Future Land Development Map.
There have been a lot of changes since the last map was drawn that may result in some reclassifications.