12/2/2014 Administrator’s Report
- Sales Tax Collections: Revenue received from the collection of LOST, TAVT LOST, and Energy Excise taxes collected during Nov 2014 decreased 2.86% from the previous year collections (report attached)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR): The CAFR in nearing completion and will be presented during the Finance Subcommittee meeting scheduled for Dec 11 and will then be submitted to Board of Commissioners on Dec 16.
- Update to the Grand Jury: The Grand Jury was provided an executive summary of the county budget, operations, and project status on December 1, 2014.
- Parking Deck: Electrical service has been successfully transferred to the new underground service and the old overhead cabling was removed. With the completion of demolition, the contractor is now installing reinforcement steel in preparation for pouring concrete walls.
- Red Bud Fire Station: Calhoun Commercial Construction agreed to deliver a construction contract to Jim Ledbetter early this week. Upon receipt and concurrence of the County Attorney, the Board of Commissioners approval will be required.
- Dalton Expansion: William’s Project Manager, James Mathis, advised that he would only meet privately with the Gordon County Board of Commissioners. Mr. Mathis was advised that Georgia law requires the board to meet publicly. A possibility of either one or two board members meeting with Williams personnel was discussed. Mr. Mathis emphasized that he did not wish to meet publicly, and he added that a public meeting would be an unnecessary time and expense for Williams considering that a meeting had already been held at the VFW earlier this year. Further discussion was deferred pending consideration by the Board of Commissioners.
- Emergency Management: Charley English with GEMA recognized Gordon County Emergency Management for meeting the incentive standards outlined by GEMA; stating, “There are very few counties in Georgia that have satisfied these requirements”. Achieving this level of preparation qualifies Gordon County for reduced local match requirements following a major disaster.
- Georgia Department of Administrative Services: Invitation extended an invitation to the Gordon County Board of Commissioners to attend a presentation at the Dalton Trade & Convention Center on Dec 3, 2014 from 09:00 until 12:00.