- SPLOST AND LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated November 30, 2022 reflect collections reported for October. For that period, SPLOST collections were $1,215,796.58 which is a $56,848.25 (4.91%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $750,674.43 which is a $10,762.77 (1.45%) increase over the same period last year.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS:
- 1960s Courthouse: Drywall is completed on the first floor and second floor. Trim work is beginning on the first floor. First coat of paint has been applied on the first floor and the primer is on the second floor. Drywall on the third floor will be completed this week.
- Senior Center: Storefront doors are scheduled for the second week of December. The
plan is to reopen mid December.
- ELECTIONS: After a record setting week of early voting, the polls in Gordon County will close tonight at 7 o’clock in the U.S. Senate runoff.
- JOINT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT: Gordon County met with the Mayor and staff on November 7th. Next steps are to Update the Future Land Use Map; the Community Work Program and, the Report of Accomplishments
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: The Gordon Floyd JDA met at the Chamber on November 17 and approved a contract to sell a portion of the property to Synthica Energy for development of a facility that will convert industrial byproducts into natural gas. The contract has contingencies to be met and I am not aware of a closing date. Trimble Hollow Road improvements have been completed by the developer of adjacent property, OWR, LLC.
- IMPACT FEE STUDY: Staff interviewed a provider to assist in the consideration of the establishment of developmental impact fees to offset the costs of providing services to major developments. We anticipate interviewing at least one other before bringing a recommendation to the Board. (There are only two or three firms that do this type of work in Georgia)