12/16/2014 Administrator’s Report
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR): The Gordon County Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for fiscal year ended June 30, 2014 was completed by the Finance Department. Subsequently, R.M. Dobbs & Company has completed an audit of the report and submitted their findings to the commission.
- Freeport Exemption: Commissioner Steward, Jim Ledbetter, Al Leonard, and John King are scheduled to meet with Susan Remillard on Wednesday, December 17, 2015 to discuss the Freeport tax exemption.
- Parking Deck: The construction contractor is installing the reinforcement steel at the front of the parking deck, and positioning steel forms at the rear in preparation for pouring concrete walls. They have repaired a small section of Boston Road that caved in during demolition.
- Red Bud Fire Station: Calhoun Commercial Construction delivered a contract for approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Dalton Expansion: The Gordon County Staff has coordinated with the William’s Project Manager, James Mathis, to deliver a presentation to the Board of Commissioners. The presentation will include an overview of their Dalton Expansion project and will be followed by a discussion session with the commission.
- E911 Backup Generator: Fox Systems has completed the installation of the e911 backup generator. Randall Fox is providing a 24/7 maintenance team to assist with emergency contingencies until the entire system is fully tested and commissioned by the manufacturer.
- Conservation Use Valuation Assessment (CUVA): John Meadows has arranged a meeting the 1st week in January with between Officials from the State of Georgia, the county staff, and local land owners. The meeting will include state officials responsible for managing the program.
- George Chambers Resource Center CDBG: The initial drawings for the construction were received and approved. The Separate Contracts for Culinary, Creative Arts, and Data Communications are still undetermined pending further discussions between Jack Killian and Mary Barclay. This coordination is projected to take place prior to January 8, 2015.