- SPLOST AND LOST: SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated November 30, 2019 reflect collections reported for October 2019. For that period, SPLOST collections were $780,183.08 which is a $24,348.48 (3.22%) increase over the same period last year. LOST collections were $494,651.42 which is a $29,684.17 (5.66%) decrease over the same period last year.
- CASH AND INVESTMENT REPORT FOR 12/16/2019: The report is available for your review.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Construction has started
- Need to pick exterior colors by December 20, 2019
- Completion of the new building is scheduled for July 2020
- GOVERNMENT PLAZA 2ND FLOOR
- The demo is almost complete.
- Completion is scheduled for May 2020
- SPLASH PAD & PAVILION
- Held a Pre-Bid meeting for the Pavilion and Site Work on 12/16/2019.
- Splash Pad RFPs and sealed bids for the Pavilion & Site Work are due by January 15, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.
- BROOKSHIRE PARK
- The design phase should be completed by the end of December 2019
- Expected to go out to bid by the end of January 2020
- NEW EVIDENCE BUILDING & MORGUE
- Currently in Design Phase
- Meeting with the Sheriff on December 18, 2019
- We will schedule a meeting with the Coroner in January 2020
- ANNEX / COURTHOUSE
- We are Pre-Planning for the commencement of the Annex/Courthouse project after plaza renovation is completed
- ELECTIONS EQUIPMENT: Gordon County has received the new elections equipment. The first use of the new equipment will be in the March 2020 Primary Election. The new equipment presents challenges for storage, electrical circuit access, moving, security and manpower. The Board of Elections needs about 1,600 square feet of air-conditioned space for storage and a work area since this equipment uses up a lot more space than the old units. A representative from the State has been evaluating the current polling places for compatibility with the new equipment and should give a report tomorrow.
- ELECTIONS DATES AND INFORMATION: The Board of Elections has provided the dates and other information regarding the 2020 elections on an attached document.
- ANIMAL CONTROL: Animal Control has reduced the adoption fee to $25 for the month of December.
- MISCELLANEOUS ACTIVITY
- Chairman Hood and the Administrator met with Congressman Tom Graves and others to discuss local projects.
- Mohawk hosted a meeting of the Development Authority at the new Mohawk Career Center.
- Commissioners and the Administrator attended the grand opening of Food City.
- Representatives of Calhoun, Gordon County, and GDOT met to discuss issues and concerns regarding Highway 53.
- The Administrator attended the Community and Government Affairs Committee meeting at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Keith King participated in a webinar on the GOMI Survey
- The Administrator met with Becky Hood and Kathy Johnson
- Staff met with Momon Construction for a walk-through of the Plaza project
- Keith King participated in the final session of the Public Health Assessment
- Keith King met with IT and Verizon
- Staff held a Pre-Construction meeting with Momon Construction and Carter Watkins for the Government Plaza project.
- Keith King Participated in a seminar on Community Development Block Grants