- CASH AND INVESTMENT REPORT: The Cash and Investment Report dated December 14, 2018, is attached for your information and review.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- ANIMAL CONTROL: Please remember Animal Control will have a Christmas adoption event on Saturday, December 22, 2018, in the new building on Harris Beamer Road from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. The goal is to find a permanent home for all of the animals before Christmas.
- COMMITTEE MEETINGS: The following committees met last week: Public Safety; Public Works; and, General Administration.
- DEPARTMENT UPDATES: The Administrator received department updates from the Department heads of Building and Grounds and Public Works to review current projects, future projects, and needs.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: The Emergency Management Quality Review Committee met today at 2 p.m.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: In the past year, many Gordon County employees voluntarily pursued and achieved higher levels of education and significant certifications. I have attached a list of those who responded to my request for achievements. This list does not include the extensive mandatory continuing education and training performed by our employees.
- DFCS FLOOR: Building and Grounds reports that old carpet will finally be replaced at the DFCS facility. This project was bid last year, but, all bids exceeded the available budget. The scope of the project was reduced to essential areas. The worn out areas of carpet will be replaced with LVP for about $13,000.