- CASH AND INVESTMENTS: The Cash and Investment report for the period ending November 30, 2022 is in your material for your review.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS:
- 1960s Courthouse: Drywall is completed on all floors. Trim work has begun on the first and second floor. First coat of paint has been applied on the first and second floors. Ceiling grid and lights are installed on the first floor and are being installed on the second floor this week.
- Senior Center: Momon has turned the building back over to the County. There are only
a few items that remain. Christmas luncheon is scheduled for December 22nd.
- Administration Building: Momon will present an estimate for roof and cornice/gutter
repairs after the holidays.
- JOINT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT: Next steps are to:
- Update the Future Land Use Map
- Update the Community Work Program
- Update the Report of Accomplishments
- GEO-PERMITTING: Code Enforcement is live. Planning and Zoning and Business Licenses are in progress. Expected completion for all departments is the end of March 2023.
- LMIG: Public Works has filed the 2023 paperwork for the Gordon County Local Mileage Improvement Grant.
- REDBONE RIDGES: Georgia EPD conducted a routine inspection for compliance with the Solid Waste Handling Permit. The landfill passed with a score of 95. The only exception was a bare spot in a borrow pit that needs to be vegetated.
- REQUEST FROM TAX ASSESSOR: We have received a request from the Board of Assessors to establish a policy to allow them to correct obvious and undisputed clerical errors and remove property that no longer exists (like a torn down barn etc.) from the digest without BOC action.
- Courthouse Construction walkthrough; Senior Center walkthrough; Met with an Architectural and Engineering firm for on demand services; Attended Larry Vickery Retirement luncheon; Met with an expert regarding the next SPLOST and expected revenues it might collect; met with GDOT and Public Works regarding improvements to Bellwood Road at its intersection with Union Grove; met new General Manager of Republic Waste Services.