- Gordon County has 28,488 registered voters as of June 2015.
- Gordon County has 331 full-time and 80 part-time employees for FY 2015-16.
- Gordon County has an annual all-fund budget of $48,877,016.00
for FY 2015-16.
- Gordon County has a tax rate of 9.747 mills for 2014.
- Gordon County’s debt per capita is $217.
- Gordon County’s Standard & Poor’s bond rating is AA- as of Jan. 2012.
- Gordon County has 702 public roads that make up 558.47 miles.
- 516.94 miles or 92% of all county maintained roads are asphalt.
- 35 miles or 7% of all county maintained roads are surface treated.
- 6.53 miles or 1% of all county maintained roads are dirt miles.
- Gordon County has five incorporated cities – Calhoun, the county seat, Fairmount, Resaca, Plainville, and Ranger.
- Gordon County has a land area of 355 square miles.
- Gordon County’s Building Inspection Department issued 43 single-family building permits, 26 mobile home permits, 2 commercial permits, and had 9 rezonings during calendar year 2014.
- Gordon County is in the 5th and 11th State House Districts, 52nd and 54th State Senate Districts, and in the 14th U.S. Congressional District.
- The portion of I-75 that runs through Gordon County is named Bert Lance Highway. Bert Lance is a well known local citizen that was President Jimmy Carter’s Office of Management & Budget Director during 1977. Read more about the fascinating career of Mr. Lance.